Holiday humor sometimes needed
The holidays are supposed to be a season of joy and merriment but sometimes what is supposed to be and what is are very different.
For some, it will be a struggle to get into the holiday spirit.
With this in mind, Lighthouse’s wellness gift to you is to provide 12 cute and funny quotes about life and/or the holidays, in hopes that a smile and some laughter will be good medicine for your soul.
1) There is a remarkable breakdown of taste and intelligence at Christmas time. Mature, responsible grown men wear neckties made of holly leaves and drink alcoholic beverages with raw egg yolks and cottage cheese in them. P.J. O’Rourke
2) Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money. Author unknown
3) At every party, there are two kinds of people: those who want to go home and those who don’t. The trouble is they are usually married to each other. Ann Landers
4) What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day. Phyllis Diller
5) Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. Bill Cosby
6) Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving. Erma Bombeck
7) You know you’re getting old when Santa starts looking younger. Robert Paul
8) Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you but not in the one ahead. Bill McGlashen
9) Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year. Victor Borge
10) The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world and people keep sending it to each other. Johnny Carson
11) Christmas is a race to see which gives out first - your money or your feet. Author unknown
12) A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together. Garrison Keillor
From the staff and board of Lighthouse, we wish you and your family a joyful and merry holiday season! And keep in mind, “Happiness depends more on how life strikes you than on what happens.” Andy Rooney
Angela Ponivas, M.S.W., is the Lighthouse Counseling & Family Resource Center’s executive director. Her phone is 645-3300; address is 427 A St., Suite 400; and website is lighthousefrc.com.