Wednesday Feb 13 2013
Frosh Zebra Showcase tonight
By: Jay Berns, Ed.D., Principal
Incoming Freshmen orientation
Do you want to help your student achieve GREATNESS at LHS?
Greatness starts tonight!
Tonight at 6:30 PM in the gym we will be hosting Frosh Orientation for the parents of incoming Freshman.
Beginning at 7 - 8 PM we will be hosting the Zebra Showcase for ALL students and parents of incoming freshman and ALL students presently attending LHS.
This will be an opportunity to see classes, programs, athletics, clubs, etc.
Walk around and ask questions of staff...
- What are the graduation requirements?
- What are A-G requirements?
- What Advanced Placement (AP) classes do you offer? Should my child take an Advanced Placement (AP) class?
- What classes do they offer at the LHS Farm at the Center for Agriculture, Technology and Environmental Science? Are these college preparatory classes?
- What sports do you offer at LHS? I hear that you are starting a Boys Volleyball team and a Swim team, is there any truth to this rumor?
- Should my child take a Foreign Language? If so, what language should they take? How many years should they take?
- How many years of science should my student take?
- How many years of math should my student take?
- How many years of PE does my student have to take?
- What are the minimum standards to get into a state university? Or, a UC school?
- What electives do you offer?
- What is STRIPES?
- What is Peer Tutoring?
- What is an eight period semester schedule?
Get involved in your student's future, attend tonight's event!
Please do not hesitate to share with your friends and family through social networking.
Go Fighting Zebras!