comments

Fire Log

-A +A

The Lincoln Fire Department responded to 67 calls for service during the week ending April 11.  The incident totals and types included:

• 45 Medical Aid calls
• 2 Fire calls – Including one stovetop fire and one bathroom fan fire in a local residential car facility
• 8 Public Assist calls
• 1 Hazardous Condition call – Including 5 gallons of oil spilled on the roadway
• 7 Good Intent calls

The Lincoln Fire Department was dispatched to a residential smoke-detector alarm.  When firefighters arrived, there was no sign of smoke outside the house.  They entered the home and found light smoke in the air.  The source of the smoke was from burnt food in a pan on the stove.  The homeowner was cooking at the time and was able to extinguish the fire.  No one was injured and there was no property damage.
A fan in a bathroom overheated and caught fire in one of the residential-care facilities in Lincoln.  When firefighters arrived, they made sure all the residents and faculty personnel were safe and away from any potential threat.  The cause of the fire was a fan and some associated wiring.  Although the fire was contained to the fan, it worried the residents and they used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire and then called 911.  Firefighters were able to ventilate the building using a powerful fan to drive all the remaining smoke.  A check of all the other bathroom fans did not find any apparent problems.
Firefighters were also dispatched to a hazardous-material call where the caller complained of a great deal of oil in the roadway.  When the Fire Department arrived, they found approximately five gallons of oil spilled.  The firefighters put down an absorbent to soak up the oil.
 
— Information was provided by the Lincoln Fire Department.  If you need further information, please call 645-4040.