Fifteen local businesses and individuals received awards last Friday at the Lincoln Area Chamber of Commerce’s 2017 Business Excellence Awards. The well-attended event was at the Orchard Creek Lodge Ballroom in Lincoln Hills.
As part of the event, the chamber announced that Cherri Spriggs-Hernandez will head the organization’s board of directors. Spriggs-Hernandez takes over for Mark Luster who served three terms as board president, starting in 2006.
“The greatest joy (as board president) was working with a team of community-minded individuals who sought to cause the best effect for our community: to make Lincoln a better place to work, live and play,” Luster said Monday.
The Lincoln Area Chamber of Commerce’s 2017 Business Excellence Awards recipients were:
- President’s Award - Krystin Canon
- Nonprofit of the Year - Lighthouse Counseling & Family Resource Center
- Community Service Organization of the Year - Rotary Club of Lincoln
- New Business of the Year - Lincoln Potters Baseball Club
- Home-Based Business of the Year - Kitten-Central of Placer County
- Excellent Customer Service - Orchard Creek Catering Service
- Taste of the Year - Simple Pleasures
- Sips & Spirits of the Year - Illusions Ultra Lounge, Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Businesswoman of the Year - Fran Neves
- Businessman of the Year - Ed Mertens
- Small Business of the Year - Honey Paperie
- Medium Business of the Year - Frayji Design Group
- Large Business of the Year - Sierra Pacific Industries
- Ambassador of the Year - Tina Cecil
- Volunteer of the Year - Dalene Sparks.